PDA

View Full Version : stikemaster blades

Coolman
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a strikemaster lazermag express and have had it for a few years now. Its a great auger overall. Starts great, light weight, runs good and cuts even better. Only problem with it is that about twice a year i burn up a set of blades. If you happen to drill through ice with any sand in it these blades become completely useless in a quick hurry. I've tried to sharpen these blades myself but with no success. My question is does anybody know how to sharpen these or know of anybody who will? Cuz these blades are not cheap and i have about six sets of them now.

BassMan67
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Coolman, it may be cheaper for you to buy just the drill unit (not the power head) for a mag 2000 with the single chipper blade, they last forever. A little slower drilling but they are bullet proof!

pikeman
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Doesn't the bait shop guy sharpen blades.

Coolman
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah i had heard about replacing the drill unit. I probably will end up doing that though. But i would like to get those blades sharpened even if i have to pay some money to do so. Those blades are not cheap i would know. 30 dollars a set.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
I told you to get a Jiffy, Kyle:D

I can sharpen Jiffy power blades and the Strikemaster chipper blades. The curved blades are another story. You could try bringing them up to Rapid River Knife Works. One of the guys there told us they can usually buff those blades back into good cutting shape. You might want to give them a call ahead of time, because it sounds like only one of the guys will do that job (906) 474-9444.

Coolman
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Should of listened i know. Oh well. I'll give them a call for sure though thanks chris.

Frank S
01-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I had one of the 3-bladed Lazer Mag (with the curved blades like you mention), had the same problem. I called Strikemaster, and they gave me(free) a new complete lower drill unit with the staight blades that can be sharpened. I could have paid a little extra and recieved the newer style lightweight fiberglass drill. Can't remember for sure, but I think they sent me a shipping label to return the old one, then I got the new auger section within a short time. It's been a few years, may be worth a phonecall.

Coolman
01-22-2009, 11:08 AM
I'll give them a call for sure. Worth a try is right. Thanks

Frank S
01-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Be sure to mention how many sets of blades you have, seems like they had some kind of credit or exchange deal also.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-26-2009, 08:05 PM
One of our customers from Wisconsin emailed me this information today. He tried to post it, but wasn't able to log in (seems to be a lot of that going on lately.)

"Saw on lbdn site someone was looking to get some blades for a Strikemaster sharpened. Had mine sharpened by Bud Hull from Orleans, mi. and they cut great. His email is budhull@yahoo.com His phone # is 1-616-761-3969. Very reasonable also. Hope this helps you out BOB"

Thanks for the information, Bob.

risor39
01-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Strikemaster will sharpen them if you send them in.I would buy a spare set and then send the dull ones in.Also the hand sharpeners you see do work for keeping an edge on your blades.