PDA

View Full Version : Minnkota should I trade or keep?

DSmith
01-14-2009, 06:49 PM
After 4 years of perfect operation of my Power Drive by Minnkota, I am considering trading it off for a Terrova. Am I foolish or should I get the newest technology for my Lund? I have not been around a Terrova but the sales brochures sound good.

Frank Walsh
01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I really don't know what you would gain. If you have all the bells and whistles on the A.P. already. One thing I have noticed with the A.P.s is that if you get a good one, you should be trouble free. If you get a lemon, the only day you will be happy is when you sell it.

Starting from scratch, up grading power or universal sonar, I'd jump in a minute. From what you have, I don't think I'd spend the $$$$.

Muskie Junkie
01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Before you go out and buy the Terova, take a look at the foot pedal and see if will meet your needs. I have been told by people who have them that the size and location of the directional buttons makes it harder to operate. This is espcially true when fishing in colder weater with boots on. The buttons are small and harder to hit with the larger footwear. I have an Autopilot and when I purchased my most recent one, ( on my 3rd Autopilot)this was something I was told about. I went to the V2 style autopilot and am VERY happy that I did. The speed adjust roller ball is really nice. I did not go with the universal sonar but in hindsight that may have been a better idea. Just my $.02.

Steve Ruhmann