PDA

View Full Version : River ice on the way

Red Childress
01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
With the very low outflow and arctic blast coming, river icing will be happening in Warren County this week. I hope it will not be one of those years when the Corps of Engineers has to keep the flow reduced to prevent ice jams from occurring down river. Might be a very long winter for the the crazy fishermen. :)

RapRunR
01-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Tionesta outflow is coming down finally so that's the only place i have to drop a line. Going to try and get out for a couple hours today before the onslaught of bitter cold gets here. No big bait left but i have some good size for tipping some jigs and i'll run my raps.

RapRunR
01-13-2009, 08:55 PM
One 30" musky between 3 of us. Pretty bad for 4 hrs of fishing. That wind and snow that kicked up was intense at 30 to 35 mph gusts.

Red Childress
01-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I drove down to the river this morning and there were some "dedicated" ice anglers out there setting tip ups.

b.bent66
01-17-2009, 01:22 PM
dose anyone know how thick the ice is on the river.

Red Childress
01-17-2009, 04:58 PM
It had a splash of snow on it making it easy to see from above. I saw guys standing just a few feet apart about mid-way down the Refinery dredge and a couple other guys in the neck down area 100 yards below the torch where the little camping site is and has about a 24 foot depth only a few steps off the bank.

No idea how thick but is frozen about 1/2 way across.

I bet the Starbrick area is really locked up good.