PDA

View Full Version : B.a.s.s. Bummer!

The Bait Shop Guy
01-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Just found out that the BASS Elite series tourney that was scheduled for July on the bays has been canceled! http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/elite/news/story?page=b_elites_schedule_20090109 I was told there will now be a FLW tourney to take it's place in August, but it's just not the same.

I was really looking forward to BASS being here. BUMMER!:(

Frank S
01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
That is disappointing. I don't fish smallies as much as I should, they are a hoot. There is a great fishery around the BDN area, I was looking forward to seeing what was brought in. My best was a slug caught right in front of McDonald's fishing harnesses for eyes. 22.99" couldn't make it 23 no matter how I measured it. Peloza caught a big one with me out at the Red Bouy last fall, I think it is on the wall.

Enterprise
01-13-2009, 09:15 AM
The smallie fishing is definitely world class at times. Its also great for putting young fishermen on fish that really fight hard and teach them the benefits of catch and release. They're also easy to catch, you can get fancy and drag tubes and such or all you really need is a perch spreader and some minnows. Lets see if I can figure this picture thing out...................

Coolman
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
That is a major bummer..... I was looking forward to see the weights they could pull. Do you know the reason it was canceled?

jerkbait
01-13-2009, 06:27 PM
hey enterprise,

are u related to bill in the picture of your smallies? just happened to zoom in on your pics and recognized him from work he was an apprentice with me. nice fish and fun with the kids is the best part. cant wait to get my girls in the boat this summer.

jerkbait aka jonesy

Enterprise
01-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Jerkbait,

Related? Oh man, don't insult Billy like that! LOL. No, he's a good friend of mine. Me and him go way back. I like to get him in my boat whenever I can when he's not being probed by doctors or having a hip replaced or something crappy like that. He's good luck! We had lots of fun that day. Have you been doing any good on the ice? I've got a black shanty between the coal piles and second reef, north of the big group of shacks, and the bite petered out for me. Going to look for deeper water, or shallower water, and try to find those perch I was on. The bite was real good for a couple weeks and then slowly went away. PM me if you need to.

Steve Horton
Gladstone