PDA

View Full Version : Ice conditions

Battler
01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Just wondering how much snow is on the ice. Will a 2 wheel drive 4-wheeler be able to get around. I will be going out of the Kipling area 1/15-1/18. I appreciate any input, Thanks.

fatdog
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
as of the 12th a 2 wheel drive atv will get around just fine, only about 2 inches of snow on the ice, we are suppose to get a little more snow tonight. otherwise conditions are great, keep warm with these upcoming temps.

Battler
01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info, I may have a line on a 4 wheel drive.

owtdorsmn
01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
How goes the eyec (ice) conditions on the upper bay?? Can I drive the whole bay with no worries. Usually go out of Kipling and up and down east sides as well as the reefs. Thanks.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-17-2009, 06:34 AM
No major problems. It's rough going in spots from when we had that thaw back in December, but otherwise it's good to go. Generally 15 to 18 inches of ice on the upper bay with very little snow on top. We're supposed to get 3 to 5 inches today, but that won't be enough to cause any real problems.

Good luck out there. Let us know how you do.

RudyG
01-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Was out South of gladstone today "NO FISH on the ice.:mad:" and its starting to drift up pretty good... not enough to cause probs yet but the fourwheeler was working pretty hard in some spots coming off. There isnt alot of snow... but its so light the wind is drifting it.

Oh .. had lots of lookers but nothing seemed to be hungry..couldnt get em to commit.