PDA

View Full Version : Saric last nite

Red Childress
01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I saw another episode of MH and noticed that Saric might be using uncoated wire (or very thin coated wire) for his leaders on certain baits. He was fishing post-frontal conditions on very pressured water (Kinkaid or Shelbyville is my guess) so maybe he was going with a very stealthy approach.

He also prefers to use 50lb. mono on his trolling rods as well.....I am not sure why but I am sure he has a good reason. I have noticed the 50lb mono thing on all his shows when he is trolling. I bet he has not lost as many fish as those of us who are pulling braid 24/7 simply because of the "forgiving" stretch.

RapRunR
01-08-2009, 09:48 AM
That's all my friend will use is 50 lb braided.

Hey Red is the hydro report correct showing the tail waters dropped by 5 ft. yesterday ? Seems like a big drop and the level in Hickory hasn't changed. Maybe the chart is incorrect. It does that sometimes i have noticed.

Red Childress
01-08-2009, 10:06 AM
The outflow really has not changed since earlier in the week, according to the hourly updated site. It has been outflowing at around 4000 for a couple of days now. It did drop severely on Sunday and Monday......

The 50lb. stuff Saric used is not Braided but Mono for trolling, in case you misread or mistyped it.

toothyfishman
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
It gotta be to put some stretch back into the system.
The line diameter would be as large as the #80 or #100 pound braided line.

I sure like how the briad last so long and can be reversed for another go!!!
I'll stick with it until someone can show me a reason why I should change.

It has to be stretch....

He must have a reason cause I would imagine he has sponsers for line and it wouldn't be like he couldn't afford to use whatever.