PDA

View Full Version : In 2009...this is my Musky Fishing goal...

DanR
01-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Since there's not a lot of activity on the board right now, I figured I'd start the first new thread of the new year...maybe some of the regulars can come in and post what they hope to do/catch in 2009.

I'll start it off:
1.)I usually have 1-2 days a year where I catch 2 fish in a day. I've never had a crack at 3 fish in a day. I think this would be cool, and challenging. Maybe 2009 is the year...

2.)I've never caught a tiger Musky. Maybe 2009 is the year...

3.)I hope to watch at least one of my friends (not you Chuckie since you do it every year anyway :p) experience the thrill of a 50"+, and I want to be in the boat when it happens. Maybe 2009 is the year...

I know, I know...I don't have a 50"+ on there for myself. The great musky gods in the sky shone their light upon me in 2008 with a 54". They didn't even make me sacrifice virgins over on Coleman's for that to happen either. :D If the gods deem me worthy of another great fish, I'll take it. But I'm not expecting it, and I would rather see someone else who's dying for it (like I was) get a chance to walk around with a smile every day like I do.

Here's to a great 2009 Musky Season. Good Luck to all. See y'all at the show!!!

-Dan

esoxaddict
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
1. 50. FIFTY. FIVE-OH.

I am due, and I know just where to go to make it happen. (Which on Eagle is pretty much anywhere...)

2. Fish more, work less, and enjoy every minute of it.

3. Beat my personal best of 49-1/2" (See #1 above)

4. Just... FISH. Just freakin' fish. It's no coincidence that my biggest fish have all come at times when I stopped trying to catch a fish and just enjoyed being out there.

I'll be happy with my season if I just get out and enjoy being on the water and enjoy chasing these stupid fish and make it home in one piece.

But I ain't leaving AML until I get a 50!

Jeff