PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year, Thanks For A Great '08

Paul Schlagel
12-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Happy New Year to everyone.

I want to send out some thanks for everyone that made the ‘08 season successful, memorable, and enjoyable.

First, thanks to all the great folks that fished with me this past year. Thanks for choosing me to be your guide. I feel honored that you entrusted your Mille Lacs trip to me. Once again, I met some absolutely great people this season. I fished with a wide range of people - from the beginners to the pros, and from the kids to the old-timers, everyone was great. I enjoyed spending time with everyone I fished with. The guide business seems to have plenty of difficult-client horror stories, but I don’t have any. Sincerely, there wasn’t a single person I fished with this season (or past seasons either) that I wouldn’t enjoy fishing with again. Everyone was great. I love getting to know new people, hearing their stories and sharing some of mine, exchanging tips and tricks and patterns, and enjoying general BSing about whatever. The camaraderie and fellowship exchanged with fellow musky anglers is fantastic. Thanks, thanks, thanks - I can’t thank you folks enough.

Thanks to my sponsors for your support and help. Thanks for helping me out, helping me do the guide thing. I appreciate the support and wouldn’t use your stuff if it wasn’t the best. Thanks for the help, especially when you get the frantic phone call that goes something like, “Hey I’m in a jam, I’m almost out of (fill in the blank) and I need (fill in quantity) more pronto!” Thanks.

Thanks to my In-laws who share their place on the lake with me six months out of the year. I really enjoy our time together and I’m really glad you like having me around, even though I’m always coming and going at weird hours. Thanks a ton, I’m really grateful.

Thanks most of all, to my wife and my step-son for the support, encouragement and patience. I know it’s a sacrifice for everyone to have me gone as much as I am, out on the lake and staying at the cabin. Thanks for tolerating and even sharing my musky addiction. To say I couldn’t be guiding without your blessings and your support is a huge understatement.

Good luck to everyone in ‘09, in fishing and in life. I hope the coming season is safe and successful.

Jim
01-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank YOU Paul. We had a great time, learned a lot (especially about the waves!), and caught a big fish to boot. I'll be checking your calendar at the Milwaukee show for another go at it in '09