PDA

View Full Version : Out with 08... In with 09

Muskie Matt
12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I want to wish everybody out there a very Happy New Year, tight lines and big fish to all.

This week has been a week of shuffling shacks around, getting set up for the next couple months of walleye and panfish.

We're looking at some crust conditions out there, nothing horrendous yet... depends on snowfall. You guys down south have been taking the hits with snow lately and that's kept our ice conditions very tolerable to this point. A good general ice depth on our area lakes would be 8-14 inches. More on some... less on others. Some frigid weather tonight should help make more ice and firm up any crust layers.

I've just been doing the basic tip-up/walleye thing lately but have some crappie plans in the works with some buddies from Rhinelander... that should be a hoot... especially with these guys.

Again... hope everyone had a great Holiday Season. Tune in Sunday... maybe we'll do a year past wrap up... saw some amazing things this past year.

gfisch
12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi Matt,

Happy New Year to you and your family. Keep up the great work on the website and radio show.

You are lucky you live up north, us people in the Fox River Valley are caught in this "Global Warming" thing with 4 feet of snow in December and lots of below zero temps.

Good luck fishing.

gfisch

Muskie Matt
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Pete and I appreciate everyone's support... it's fun to come in and flip buttons and knobs and actually have people listen in... can't believe it's been a year.

Quite a bit of fishing this week, tune in tonight and hear what we've been up to. Don't think i've done anything too dumb this week but it shuold be a hoot to listen in....