PDA

View Full Version : Annual Post Christmas Outing

Todd Bohm
12-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Old Man Winter's Friday snow ice storm couldn't stop us from taking our annual Christmas Ice-fishing adventure up to the pristine wilderness of Lake Lac Vieux Desert. This trip is something we have been doing since our college days and as the families have gotten bigger, so has the fishing crew. This year, 18 adults and kids made our way up to the lake for a day of ice fishing fun and as usual, we weren't disappointed. Before all of the tip-ups were set, flags started springing and the race was on as the kids ran from flag to flag bringing in northerns, walleyes, and perch. As usual, the adults ran clean-up - drilling holes, setting and re-setting tip-ups, baiting hooks, and making sure everything stayed in working order. Lunch on the ice was a gourmet feast - Venison and Elk hot sticks, rib-eye steak sandwiches, brats, and baked beans from Zillman's in Wausau, and of course lot's of left-over Christmas treats. For sure, nobody went hungry. When the day had ended, the fishing had once again been spectacular. Well over 100 northerns and some really nice walleyes had been caught and released along with a couple of "eater" walleyes, perch, and northerns that we brought back for a few fish frys. Best of all, the time spent being together with friends and family is truly what the Christmas season is all about. Take a kid fishing.

See you on the Water(Ice)
Todd

Joel DeBoer
12-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a blast Todd, one of these years I'm going to have to make it up there for the outing - I've heard too many awesome stories and seen too many pictures to not check it out!

Happy Holidays!

BlackGambler
12-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Looks like the kids had an excellent day. It was surprising to see my son Alex in these pics. He had taken the trip with Jack Jackson, his grandfather, and the Coenen family. He told me the tip ups were going non-stop. He said, "Dad, lets get rid of the jigging rods and just set-up tip ups from now on!" Thx for the time and effort showing the kids how fun this sport truely is!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!