PDA

View Full Version : Fishing 12/20, 21

Red Childress
12-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Going to spend the weekend with a Father/Son team chasing muskies. Hopefully the flights into Pittsburgh will not be cancelled as the snow/ice weather system moves into the region today.

We will be fishing for some "high water" muskies for sure the next couple of days.

Good luck to everyone and be careful!

cband
12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
High water is right, the creeks down here are really high and still rising. Here is pick of the creek behind my office-(sorry it is blurry)

RapRunR
12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Water high and murky here also but still visible enough for fish to find the bait within a foot or foot and a half. If i can see that far they can see better. Been having some very very light bites and the eyes are not taking the bait very good. No one else seemed to hook up either. Probably smaller fish more than likely. Couldn't catch anything yesterday but sure kept me watching the poles closely. Good luck this weekend everyone !!

Some kids were doing donuts by our boat ramp and put the car in the backwater which gets deep quick. Heard the car was half way in. Bet they were quite chilly getting out of there. Busted for a DUI also. Better to go in the water and hurt there pride and wallet instead of hurting themselves or anybody else. Hate to hear people drinking and driving :-( A valuable lesson learned hopefully.

Red Childress
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Waited for more snow to fall this afternoon but it has not happened yet......just rain.......so I went to the launch and shoveled/salted everything for tomorrow.

When I checked the water clarity, it was very clear believe it or not.....probably 4 feet of visibility and it is cranked up for sure.

RapRunR
12-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Clarity is the same here. I was very surprised at the visibility with the high water levels. Usually not so. Headed out first light.

RapRunR
12-20-2008, 07:53 PM
My friend and i ended the days catch with 2 eyes each 18" to 20" and a 26" little pike. We were out all day. Pretty chilly out there but it was a good day.

Red Childress
12-22-2008, 06:12 AM
We pounded the water Saturday until first dark and missed 2 possibly 3 fish then started before daylight on Sunday and did not have a sniff. Weather turned real bad and skies cleared up so we fished until noon and headed home.

No school again today. :) Chautauqua County must have gotten hit pretty hard last nite as we only got an inch or two of snow here in Warren.

Water temps were 36.4 on Saturday morning and cooled to 34.5 by mid-day Sunday. Kinzua discharge levels are SUPPOSE to be coming back down today.