PDA

View Full Version : On the ice!!! 12/18/2008

Kevin Lee
12-18-2008, 09:48 PM
My wife Theresa and I finally got on the ice for the first time today. By the way, the ice is in great shape. I would say we had close to 8 inches where we were. Anyway, she started off catching a couple nice eater perch that went "gaga" over one of the new Ice Darter colors (Holographic Green Rainbow). I think she caught all 7 of her walleye on that color too. I ended up catching 3 walleye on the Hollographic Purple Tiger Ice Darter and one more on the old Glow Green Tiger Rapala. I also caught a small pike while I was on the phone with "walleyeguy". Funny how the fish always seem to know when you are busy doing something other than paying the utmost attention to your line! The bad thing about today was that none of the walleye were keepers. A couple were close, but not close enough!!! Oh well, it felt great getting on the ice again and setting that hook none the less... Oh yah, don't forget, we still offer free use of Lowrance H2O GPS units loaded with a map of the bay to anyone that stays with us here at Sall-Mar Resort. See you on the ice...