PDA

View Full Version : #12 single blade spinnerbait

Johnny_B
12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I spotted your new Flasha Bling spinnerbait with a single #12 blade in the latest issue of Musky Hunter. I've used your double #10s a few times and I have your double #12 but haven't used it yet . Could you compare and contrast the vibration of these 3 spinnerbaits? Depth and speed? And when you would use each?

Bait looks cool by the way. Can you make a single #10?

John

Kevin Cochran
12-19-2008, 05:59 PM
The main difference between a double-bladed spinnerbait and a single-bladed spinnerbait is the amount of thump that they put out. The double-bladed baits have more of a smooth pull to them and the single-bladed baits have a very distinct and harder vibration.

I am building the Flasha Bling Spinnerbaits with a single #10 blade on the 1.5oz heads. I tested these baits all season and had success with them fishing during the day and at night. They will be available for purchase at the shows and through retailers soon.

BBushy
12-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey Kevin,
I have question about your Flasha Spinnerbait. Is there any advantage using a double 10 or Single 12 spinnerbait. Also how was the fishing around
the Bemidji area this summer.

Kevin Cochran
12-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Not really an adantage per say. I am going to quote my good friend Brad Neslon and say, "Every bait has a time and place."

I did better on the singles at night. They have a hard vibration. The double tens have a smoother retrieve. The doubles even the pull out.