PDA

View Full Version : line law

jerkbait
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
hey guys when do the 3 lines for walleye laws take effect jan. or start of 09-2010 season?

thanks for the help
jerkbait

Enterprise
12-08-2008, 03:52 PM
I believe the new laws take effect starting with the new fishing licenses beginning March 31. Couldn't find it on the MDNR website (go figure) so thats just a guess.

The Bait Shop Guy
12-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Actually it's April 1st.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10371_10402-203142--,00.html

At least we have the longer walleye season this year. I was told last winter that the longer season wouldn't go into effect because the fishing guides were already printed. Why is it then that the new longer spearing season that just passed is going into effect immediately, even though the guides are already printed stating the season is January and February? Why can't we run three lines now?

Emails are being sent.

jerkbait
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
thanks for the response guys hopefully those emails will get some answers for us thanks chris!!!

gettin the itch to ice fish
jerkbait

Enterprise
12-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks Chris. Yeah, thats seems kind of biased towards the spearing community for that to occur. The DNR does what they want though, and I doubt you'll change any minds with emails. Hey, thanks for the new auger, the guys at the office here really like it. Should have bought one of those instead of the Eskimo we got two years ago. Heavy, POS. By the way, I'd like to get one of those head covers for my personal auger. 8" size. What do they run and will you have any in stock in the near future? If not I think I'll have you order me one...........

Steve

The Bait Shop Guy
12-09-2008, 08:21 AM
The auger covers go for $26.50. We don't normally carry them, so we'd have to order one for you. If you want one right away, we're sending in an order today and could have it for you by the weekend. Give me a call at the shop (906) 786-1488. For all those interested, we place orders with our wholesalers every week during the winter. If we don't have what you're looking for in stock, we'd be happy to order it for you.

befishin
12-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Now that you can run three lines, how many hooks/lures can you run?

I liked the old law where you could run two lures on each line, which meant four lures.

RudyG
12-09-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure there is still some confusion to this new 3 line law after talking to others. Chris put it pretty simple...

It it doesnt go into effect until next season... April 1st. So if you are using 3 lines ice fishing this winter you will be in violation.

W.T.A
12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Is the 3 lines for walleye law just for the Upper Peninsula? or all of Michigan?

The Bait Shop Guy
12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
It will be 3 lines, all species, open water or ice, statewide. As far as I know, you'll still be able to run 2 baits per line. We'll know for sure when the new guide books come out in March.

Enterprise, the Jiffy power head cover is $26.50. If you're looking for a blade cover, they are $19.95. We normally have those on-hand all the time. Blades, oil, and spark plugs, too.