PDA

View Full Version : Show time's a comin'

matt collins
12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Kevin, what kind of goodies you bringing to the musky show this year? I know you've been working hard with those kindagardeners at the sweatshop having those baits tied up for your booth.

Johnny_B
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Kevin, Are you going to be at the Chicago show?

Kevin Cochran
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I will be at the Chicago Show with a new bait. It is a flashabou spinnerbait with a single #12 blade. I used them all year last year and they worked awesome. We did well on them at night behind large bladed bucktails.

Matt Collins will be in my booth helping me sell baits as well.

I should have some pretty sweet footage from this last summer in the booth as well.

I won't have a huge supply of baits made up like I did last year, but there should be plenty.

matt collins
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Kevin and I might also have a couple new custom Proedge Slingblade rods for folks to take a look at as well. After speaking to Keith about them, this could be the ultimate musky stick for throwing just about anything. I'm sure Keith from Professional Edge will fill in some details on this rod. The blank technology combined with Keith's rod building skills should be unbelievable. Kevin and I are both super-excited about these rods since Diamondback sent their production overseas.

Kevin Cochran
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
That's right, I forgot to mention that. I can't wait to see the new St. Croix blanks! Keith feel free to start a new thread on my message board about the new blanks.

Professional Edge
12-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Hello everybody.

I have been asked a bunch over the last couple months about the new St Croix Tournament 4M86HF (or the sling blade) blank. I recently got my first shipment of 2…(that is all they had) and have built them.

Without question I think this line of blanks is the best the industry offers today. St Croix has designed a blank that is built tough without adding weight. The new heavy action blank weights 6.2 ounces and offers the power of a heavy action blank with a softer tip. Almost comparable to Diamondback but stronger. There are many rod manufactures that add strength by adding material and lessoning the action which causes the rod not to bend. I have seen photos of the 4M86HF (sling blade) loaded with a bait and it is bent like a U. The difference with the Tournament IPC technology is that a standard rod blank has 3 bend points which make up the action. Those bend points also cause a stress point on the rod blank. IPC makes a new bend point every ½ inch or so which eliminates those three stress points.

If there is a downside to this blank it is the price but for the first time I believe a rod company has new technology which offers a strong blank without adding weight. I know you can spend as much on other rods and not get the same type quality. In my opinion they are worth the extra money. All the actions offered have a place in my boat.

I am not a pro staffer.

Merry Christmas.
Keith