PDA

View Full Version : OK, Bring It On

Pete Stoltman
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Just read Windrift Dave's report and although there is open water elsewhere I just may have to resign myself to putting Jenny (my boat) down for the winter. Given my schedule at the shop while everyone else is deer hunting and the forecasted low temps I'm not sure that I'll get out on the water any more this year. This is probably the earliest that I've had to shut it down.

So what does that mean? Get the ice gear ready! I started getting my stuff together and inspecting for any repairs or replacements needed, checking the tip-ups for smooth operation, etc.

I'm sure we'll be spending some time this week on the radio discussing wrapping up the open water season and preparing for the hardwater. By this time next week I'm betting that Matt will have been poking holes already and maybe me too. Stay tuned for further developments.

Pete Stoltman
11-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Since I needed to make a "town run" this afternoon I brought the camera along and checked a few lakes. Found Lake was almost completely iced up with just a few small areas of open water way out in the middle. Little St.Germain looked like East Bay and No Fish were iced over from my viewpoint on the road but the landing at West Bay was wide open. Saw a little skim ice along the shore but not much. Big St. Germain was open but ice along the north shore. If someone wanted to break ice today to get in they probably could but with the base of ice and cold expected in lower single digits tonight I'm betting that the launch will be impossible tomorrow.