PDA

View Full Version : docks still in?

jerkbait
11-18-2008, 02:58 PM
hey guys just wondering if there were any reports of docks being pulled around delta county... was wondering about ford river esky and kipling... also with this cold front that went through how is it affecting the bite any reports?

thanks for the info
jerkbait

upangler
11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Just drove by Kipling launch on the way home, as of 17:00 today the docks are still in the water.
Wouldn't believe it will be much longer though.
Brett

The Bait Shop Guy
11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
All docks are still in around Esky and Gladstone. Haven't heard about Ford River. The night bite has been pretty good if you can put up with the weather. Last I heard, water temps were around 42 degrees out in the bay.

jtourangeau
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
dock is dry at ford river.I left my trailer in the water when I went out on the 15th.Water was low and cold.

The Bait Shop Guy
11-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Quick update on the launch sites. Docks are still in at all the sites.

There was a little skim ice in the Escanaba harbor between the bridge and the docks. parking lot was plowed.

North Shore (Escanaba River,) site was not plowed. There was ice all the way across the river from the docks, to about midway down to the river mouth. Warmer temps this weekend might be enough to open it up again. If nothing else, somebody's going to have to go in there to pull out the channel markers and buoys.

Gladstone harbor is good to go. Site was not plowed until a local guy did it. Thanks (you know who you are.)

Diane talked to the gals at Bayshore and they said Kipling was still open.

chuie
11-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Chris whe do you think they will pull the ramps thanks Al

WalleyeUSA.com
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
are the docks still in? and how is the ice?

The Bait Shop Guy
11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
It's hard to say when the docks will be pulled. They usually don't take them out until sometime after Thanksgiving. Just to guess, I'd say they'll be in until December 1st. As long as there are people using the ramps, they'll leave them in.

Friday night the temps dropped down into the single digits and the winds were calm. All the launches had some skim ice the following morning, but were busted open by the afternoon. The bite Friday night was very good for the guys that got out. If you can put up with the cold, the fish have been very cooperative. Surface temps were running from 35 to 38 degrees Friday night.

upangler
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Docks were pulled from Kipling launch today.
They are in the parking lot.
Brett