PDA

View Full Version : JUNE 15th REPORT

Rob Manthei
06-15-2014, 06:11 AM
The weather lately has been a roller coaster again....as said, it has affected fishing somewhat too. Water temps are 65 down to 53 that I've seen this week(yes, 53 on the windy side of trout)

WALLEYE:

Bite remains good. Shallow weeds and wood are what I am finding fish in. Wind driven is even better. Some of the darker lakes I've found fish as shallow as 5' in the weeds. Same with fish relating to wood. One problem.....right now with the water temps that we have, I would advise to carry all three---leeches, crawlers, and minnows. I would hate to have crawlers only and find out that the bite was best on minnows(that day). I am running 1/16 oz Slow Poke jigs in the shallow weeds and 1/16 oz Weed Master jigs in the wood. Tipping them with the bait of choice for the day.

PANFISH:

Haven't fished for crappies or anything lately, so can't really help. I would image the 'gils are done spawning or just finishing up, and the crappies are setting up on weed edges and suspending half way down.

BASS:

SMB's are still nesting on a lot of lakes, but finishing quickly. Largemouth are in the shallows and also on nests in reeds and shallow wood. Almost any tube or similar plastic will get their attention.

MUSKY:

Their attitudes change with the weather. Last weekend it was good for me. 4 fish in the boat couple other hooked and lost, then a couple outings of tight lipped fish. It has mostly been a bucktail bite, with the old school single bladed(specifically Bucher 700's) getting the most attention in my boat. Again shallow weeds are getting all the attention.

Good Luck!