PDA

View Full Version : The Banquet Was Fun

JBlanck
03-18-2014, 09:30 PM
The Flatlander Awards Banquet was last Saturday night. I truely enjoy the banquets but this year seemed even better than the last one. We had it at the VFW where we hold our general meetings and it worked out perfectly. The room was spacious with plenty of elbow room for all. The food was great with compliments to the chef by many members. Tim Scruggs did a great job handing out awards. Jack Pertz did a very nice job coordinating the banquet and working out details with the VFW. I'd like to thank those that donated to the evening (Jerry Oestreich, Gene Seuring, Jack Pertz, Mary Lou Pertz, Dick Estes, Dave Jack, Gerry's Girls Baits). Thank you Kris Lamendola for managing the photo contest and donating the prizes for the winner. If not for the generosity of others, the club would not be where it is today. I thank you all very much. Also, thank you to Dick Cholke for setting up the slide show that ran during the evening. Nice job. Congratulations to all those that received awards...you all deserved them. It was a great way to shake off some cabin fever by reliving stories from last season. Believe it or not....spring is coming. Hang in there and the outings will be here soon.

See you soon.

Jeff Blanck