PDA

View Full Version : Big St. Report, 5/18

Yooper2
05-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Made a quick trip to Big St. last weekend and fished for the day on Saturday. Rainy and windy all morning. Marked a lot of fish in 10-15 FOW but could not trigger a bite. Presumably post-spawn walleyes. Moved to the shallows on the East side and caught a few northern but no walleyes. Did catch a couple of crappies in the warmer bays. Water temp surprised me at 48-49 in the main lake, 53 on wind blown shores and approaching 60 in Content. Stayed at Fibbers and had a great time...cold drinks, excellent food, and great service.

Mark Benson
05-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Atta boy Yooper, sorry I missed ya!!!

Mark

Yooper2
05-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Mark-
I wished I could have stayed longer and wished I could have fished longer. We got out at 6AM but it was just me and the wife. She got cold in the first hour and we had to go in and warm up at 9am...then lunch at noon. Tried for crappies in Content in the afternoon but there were quite a few boat just outta the channel and I didn't want to horn in on anyone...looks like they were catching a few little ones. Finally loaded the boat at 4PM. Wife was happy but it was probably a great night to fish walleyes as the sun came out and the wind laid down...oh well, be up there in the middle of June! Hope to see you then.

Rob Manthei
05-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks, man!