PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Fritz

Captain Fritz Peterson
12-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi everybody, here we are at the end of the year. We are all waiting for ice and the weather hasn't been co-operating much. Well finally we seem to be in a more normal temp for this time of year. The next seven days are suppose to be low dble. digits and during the day low 30's. the winds are calm and that will help with the freez up process. It stays like this for a couple of weeks or more hopefully we will have walk on ice then drive on.

With the weather being so warm I have been chasing Walleyes at night and haveing a ball. They have been going after the Smithwick Gold/Black/Orange belly. I went out by myself and had seven fish on and landed four in 3hrs. and the fish ranged in size from 3-6lbs. Most of the fish I have been catching are males. Found Smelt in there stomachs this is odd I think for fish on the shoreline drop. I was thinking the Black Back/Silver Scalite/ Orange Belly Bomber might have even worked better. Well it is pretty cold now so I will leave the Ranger in the shed for now.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year
Your Friend
Capt. Fritz