PDA

View Full Version : AUG 16th REPORT

Rob Manthei
08-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Water temps continue to drop, making fishing much better. Water temps are around 70 to 72 on most lakes.

I am catching walleyes along weed edges, rock bars, sand grass....it all depends on the lake. Bottom line is that they are biting and the windows are early morning and evenings....some cloudy days there is a midday bite. Crawlers on the lightest jighead(1/16 oz Slow-poke) has been working for me. Otherwise I am using a 3/16 oz bullet weight, swivel, and a 2' piece of Flouro to a red livebait hook....keep everything simple.

Muskies have definitely picked up since the water cooled....catching on average 2 fish a day...however, nothing has been huge....43" has been the biggest...

Bulldawgs and DDD's are working when fishing the deeper structures, Cowgirls, Shallow 9" Grandmas, and Suicks for the shallower structures. Muskies again, are all across the board....fish are chasing topwaters to bulldawgs...this tells me that they are active, and are using just about any and every type of structure.

Gotta go...