PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Recommendations

TRU
08-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Can anyone suggest some vacation homes in the area? But here's the catch...I am searching for single resort houses or private homes that can accomodate my family of 12 (maybe a baby or two also).

I know about the Chamber of Commerce and other websites, but there's just so much information, and since I am looking for something fairly unique it is just too darn difficult to navigate through every puny little rental.

Thanks!

dfkiii333
08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
The only way you are going to find something "fairly unique" to you that will handle your extended family and it's various needs is if you do the legwork.

Why not start your search with a query that will disqualify many of the available properties out there like "Minimum 6 bedrooms and 5 baths". That will reduce the number of properties that you will need to look at closely.

Only you can determine if a given property is going to work for you. Good luck !

Can anyone suggest some vacation homes in the area? But here's the catch...I am searching for single resort houses or private homes that can accomodate my family of 12 (maybe a baby or two also).

I know about the Chamber of Commerce and other websites, but there's just so much information, and since I am looking for something fairly unique it is just too darn difficult to navigate through every puny little rental.

Thanks!

TRU
08-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks. Problem is that so many of the sights I go to do not have such glamorous online software that enables such searching. I would love it if they did!

I'm only appealing to folks here because I figure they've spent enough time in the area that they might have first hand advice, such as "Oh yeah, XYZ lake has that executive home they call the Birch House....or...my friends have a huge group and they always stay at ABC Lodge," etc.

CJC
08-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Have you tried the "Vacation Rental by Owner" website? www.vrbo.com Once you select Wisconsin, you can choose hayward or any other area that you are interested in. Once you select your destination, you can enter a date range. There is also a "Filter" button. If you click it you can choose number of bedrooms, how many it sleeps, etc to narrow your choices.