PDA

View Full Version : June 29 and 30 (Chippewa Flowage)

Pete Rich
07-03-2012, 08:08 AM
I love night fishing in the bright full moon. We got on the water around 8:30 in the evening. Other than the mosquitos there was nothing biting. Then around 10:30 Dad hooked up with a nice 40". Mike and I both thought the fish was a lot bigger. About 2 hours later dad got a 39.5. We were jacked. A pattern we had going last year in mid september was working in July. This was the first time we had been able to try this in 9 months and it was awesome to see what we were doning late last year wasn't a fluke. Now we were all jacked up talking about a 6 fish weekend. Well that would just be talk. Friday night water temps were about 74. Then the heat came. Saturday was tough. No clouds, 90 degrees, and not a breath of wind. We didn't fish much durring the day. We were saving our selfs for a late night on the water again. Around sun set I moved a low 40 but didn't get hooks into her and about 15 minutes later mike had a upper 40 come hard on a cowgirl. We fished until 2 am with no other action. Water temps on Saturday night were up to 78.