PDA

View Full Version : Cabin 17 update - a little late

cabin 17
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Before i left witch bay on the 15th ( got called back home ) the water temp's went to 66 - 68 degree's. That really turned on fish in andrews & pipestone ( went no further ) . Caught 25 (11-12 inch perch ) threw back 25 + perch & caught walleyes mixed in with perch 20 - 23 inch range in 2.5 hours in the morning.

Ran out of worms ( cutting in 1/3 rd's ) so switched to plastic leech's ( 3 - 4 " ) & fishing stayed the same. I was fishing on what i call russ's point but i am confident fish were everywhere .the 3 sisters were producing larger walleyes as well.

Can't wait to get back up there but must take care of my wife for a while.

Fishing was suicidal when i left !

Cabin 17 / bob & noah

Wall-i-lama
06-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Before i left witch bay on the 15th ( got called back home ) the water temp's went to 66 - 68 degree's. That really turned on fish in andrews & pipestone ( went no further ) . Caught 25 (11-12 inch perch ) threw back 25 + perch & caught walleyes mixed in with perch 20 - 23 inch range in 2.5 hours in the morning.

Ran out of worms ( cutting in 1/3 rd's ) so switched to plastic leech's ( 3 - 4 " ) & fishing stayed the same. I was fishing on what i call russ's point but i am confident fish were everywhere .the 3 sisters were producing larger walleyes as well.

Can't wait to get back up there but must take care of my wife for a while.

Fishing was suicidal when i left !

Cabin 17 / bob & noah

Hello, Thanks for the report. I hope everything goes well at home. Are you fishing deeper for the perch or shallow in the weeds? We are headed up later this week and going to try and target the perch. Caught them mostly by accident in the past. We fish south of you near yellow girl and do fine on walleye, but struggle with the perch.