PDA

View Full Version : June 8th and 9th (chippewa flowage)

Pete Rich
06-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Friday night was a lot of fun. It was the first time Dad, Jenn, and I were able to fish the flowage together this season. We were able to get out for a couple hours and managed to get a upper 30" up on a topper stopper. The fished showed up about 20' out humping a wake and turned off as dad went into the L.

Saturday morning it was just dad and I. We had one up right away on a ghost tail and that was it for the morning. Jenn was able to get back out with us in the evening. It started off with more of the same, nothing going on. Mixed up a lot of different types of structure. Looking for anything to get some sort of a pattern going. Then our luck changed. As we were pulling up to the next spot dad, being the granprognosticatorer that he is, said "I'm gonna get a first cast musky". Sure enough he did. As dad started into the 8 with his cowgirl a very fat 46" ate!!! At first I though he was goofing around, cuz who catches a first cast fish when they call it, Jenn yelled "NO NO he really has one". I couldn't believe it. About an hour later we were working the tail end of some wind blown structure when dad says "Pete you gotta feel the tick in this cowgirl". I'm not to proud to take the "hot bait" when its offered up. So I made cast and as I came into the 8 I was just about to say this has some great vibration to it. When my thoughts were interrupted by a 47" on the 2nd turn of the 8. This weekend was one of the most enjoyable times I've had on the flowage in a long time.

Water temps were 68 to 73.

16871 16872

Lund4Fishing
06-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Pete there was no doubt that this was a night of nights. Like I've been telling you forever I'm a very gifted individual, I can almost feel things happening. Like that night on Pete's when I was pouting and refused to fish and said "I hate this spot there's nothing happening here" then you nailed a nice fish a couple casts later. Yeah it's a gift. See you this weekend. Tyler and I should be there around 7:00 ish. Mike said that's about when he'll arrive.