PDA

View Full Version : Ice is Out!!!

Gail Hockett
04-08-2012, 11:13 AM
16100Hi Lyle and Witch Bay friends.....the ice is offical out at Witch Bay Camp as of April 6th at 2:30, as you can see by the blue water and notice the trees are still no leaves but they are getting buds on them. I want to thank Lyle for running this contest he does such a great job and for everyone that posted an ice out date and now Lyle who is the winner this year........................always........Gail at Witch Bay.

40buick
04-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Puma 1 - Come On Down!! Ice Out was declared at 2:30 on April 6. With a guess of 2:00 on April 7, Puma 1 was closest being within 23-1/2 hours. Congrats to you, Puma 1. We bow before you as humble servants. May you enjoy the abundance of wonders that are now yours. May your hooks stay sharp; may your line never break; may your leech never die. (There are some others, but this is a family show.) Please join me in welcoming Puma 1 into the elite circle of Ice Out Contest winners.

Puma1
04-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I am having trouble responding to this thread.

I want to thank Lyle for running the tournament.

I look forward to the parade, the vast array of prizes, the speeches by local dignitaries, the fireworks and the hug from Gail when I arrive in camp on June 23rd.

After spending the off season studying weather charts including winds coming from the hot air from our political activists I was able to step up from a second place finish last year (missed by one day last year also)to the position of "Ice Out Guru" this year.

Best of luck to everyone this year. May everyone catch a fish so large that a panoramic photo will be needed to show it all.