PDA

View Full Version : June 2011

Pete Rich
10-21-2011, 10:10 AM
June was a very strange month up here. We opened the season with water temps in the upper 50's. I was able to find a pretty consistant pattern on the deep weed edges. The first day out on spider we were able to stick a nice 43" and move a lot of fish on bull dawgs. While I was able to stay on fish on spider the first half of june, I was having a difficult time locating fish on the flowage and namakagon.

By June 17th as new weed developed on the chip the action started to turn around but water temps were way behind holding around 62. We boated 4 fish in less than 24 hours and they were all nice fish, 45, 43, 42.5, and 49. We were able to find a very distict pattern out from spawning area's. The rest of the month was fantastic with large fish using the best cabbage growth I've see on the flowage. Some of the high lights are: Steve got a 46.5 with me, his largest musky casting on the flowage and it was a tank. Jenn caught her first flowage musky in an amazing 2 hour stretch we had. In that 2 hours I caught a 37, then stuck a 44.5 in the figure 8, three cast's later I lost a low to mid 50". Jenn then lost a upper 40" in the figure 8 before sticking her first flowage musky, 35". The month ended with a nice fish for me getting a 48.5" after dark.