PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 10-20-11

Justin Mullins
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I thought I would post a little report on here while I had a minute.. I'm super busy guiding until Thanksgiving so I have to advantage of every minute.. It seems every other day the wind blows at 50mph which I'm sick of for sure! This cold front has dropped the water temp a little down 63 tonight with these cooler nights ahead I'm sure it will keep dropping about a degree a day.. Water clarity is good with a little color around the open water stuff like the flats due to all the waves crashing into the shore other than that perfect.. The big girls are moving which I'm sure everyone has seen the pic of 52.5 40lber my buddy got with me yesterday! A super tanker of a fish people just don't give Cave Run credit for big fish at all! Today was a good day we had 3 fish hooked from 48" to 38" and lost them all.. The 48 was on a Top Water, and the 45,38 was on the big Sumo Sam same guys that makes slowies. We had fish going Meat and Potatoes Flashabou today also.. Everything for me is still inside 5 feet of water right now.. With this cooler weather coming in it should make for a good rubber bite so we are loaded at the shop with Medussa, Bull Dawgs, so everyone will be perepared for it.. Got a new shippment of Bluegrass Rods in 8'6 is a perfect rod for these big blades.. Good luck this weekend and I'll see you on the pond

fins
10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
That is a great fish you got in your boat. It sounds like you are having a great fall on The Cave. You have mentioned in some of your recent posts that you are getting the fish in the shallows. At what lake temperature would you expect these fish to leave the shallows and go deep?

Justin Mullins
10-23-2011, 06:00 AM
They are in transition now to a little deeper water.. With the lake being drawed down and the cool nights it has pulled the fish out of 2-3 out into 5-6.. Yesterday my action was 6-8 feet.. We lost 2 trolling yesterday which when these fish get into this transition of moving out will make the trolling bite good also.. I look for rubber to start any day too..

Big Blades will work even when the water goes into the 50's so don't be afraid of sticking with them just don't crank as hard and fast