PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 9-12-11

Justin Mullins
09-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Wow! This is the word that says it all for the last week here at Cave Run! This place is on fire with fish showing up everywhere on various lures from Meat and Potatoe 1oz spinners to Medussa's! In the last 4 days I know of 7 fish 50"-51"! That's a awesome number for 1 body of water for sure! The last few days the flats have naturally produced the most fish by far but I would say that's because it had any where from 15-25 at any given time out there on it.. Every boat out there this weekend saw or caught fish! Our camera man Darren Carroll got his biggest fish to date yesterday morning a nice big fat 50" on Cowgirl! Congrats to him on a fish of lifetime! If you haven't been out yet I would say the time has come for sure.. The weed growth is spotty but when you find them fish are all over them.. Don't rule out spots that don't have any weeds either backs of creeks are holding fish and big ones at that.. Good luck if you get out this week make sure you stop in the shop we have NEW LURES showing up daily now so stop in and check them out.. See you on the pond

chadw1974
09-12-2011, 07:14 AM
how exactly are you supposed to fish those medussas?
i've got a few of them & haven't raised a fish on them yet.

FUBAR
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I hope the bite is still hot next week, I'm heading down on the 21st ! I'll be stopping in the shop to pick up the new DVD set................can't wait !

Mark

Justin Mullins
09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
You can't work a Medussa wrong at all. Straight reel it or reel and pump or pull you can't go wrong with them..

The 21st should be excellent!!!!!! Make sure you stop in shop... Good luck fishing..

lexkelly
09-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Any colors working better than others? Is the bite still primarily early and late? Which is working better: up Beaver Creek or the lower end of the lake?

Justin Mullins
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
The mornings are usually always better unless its cloudy all day long.. Colors doesn't seem to matter to me.. The only thing that does matter is the blade most of my action has been on Nickle blade but color of bait doesn't matter..

As for spots I've fished Beaver Creek several times in the last few days EVERY SPOT there is holding fish!!! On the main lake EVERY SPOT has fish too!! This is not a fish tale of keeping someone off something I'm doing! Honestly fish are there you just got to be there at the right time of day to get them..

My baits that have gotten the most action so far are Meat and Potatoe 1oz spinners, Muskie Pete Flashabou spinners, Slowies.. BTW I will have custom slowies in here this week that nobody else in the country will have! Good Luck see you on the pond

FUBAR
09-13-2011, 02:52 PM
You can't work a Medussa wrong at all. Straight reel it or reel and pump or pull you can't go wrong with them..

The 21st should be excellent!!!!!! Make sure you stop in shop... Good luck fishing..

Will definately be stopping by the shop to pick up some goodies ! Really appreiciate all your updates Justin !

Mark

jayder85
09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I konw you have been really busy and have been great about posting and i dont want to take up any more of your time, but on cloudy days have the fish been moving all day yet? Two weeks ago we went out and moved a ton early in the morning with no hook ups and then hooked a nice mid 40s trolling that got off at the boat. They moving casting up in the day?

Justin Mullins
09-14-2011, 05:12 AM
If it's cloudy all day the casting bite will be great.. Trolling is a great pattern also especially with lack of weeds we have.. I expect the trolling bite to really be good this fall any way.. Right now fish are tight in the weeds and will be for a while now.. Good Luck

muskyjohn
09-15-2011, 09:47 PM
just wondering, 2 guides with 2 different views , are the fish being harmed? this report says they are? what does crash guide service say about fishing late august/early sept??

this report was also posted on the outdoors 911 website:

Tony Grant
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Visit Homepage

Pro Staff Join Date:May 2008
Guys you are killing the fish we all love so much,The fish swim off great they just die later, ITS TOO HOT TO FISH. I learned my lesson many years ago, most that die just hold to the bottom and become turtle bait. I fooled myself for many years saying our fish swam right away only to find same size fish same area dead the following day or two.
If I didn't believe it was harmful on the fish I would be at home instead of living out of my truck for the summer. Shame on you guys who claim to love these fish and still fish for them when its way too hot. I've turned down nearly 40 guide days for our guys this summer for that reason. I've heard of three dead ones found already. Cave Run Muskie Guide Service turns down all trips till late September for the good of our beloved fish. Cave Run will never compete in size with other lakes if we harm the big ones when they are the most venerable...Up north when it gets too hot guys either quit fishing or move to cooler waters, even radio stations run free announcements to warn of the harm on the muskies...This is why fishing is so much better up north, they take care of there muskies..
Hate to see this year after year, last year at least 7 over 48 inches died in August and September already heard of 3 there has been many studies done most agree 50% when caught in water over 78 degrees... FISH RESPONSIBLY you are just hurting your chance of a 50 incher.
Just needed to vent...this makes me sick....

Justin Mullins
09-16-2011, 04:40 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opionions.. Everyone has different thoughts about everything.. I can't answer this to suit everyone I just have my own opinion like everyone else..

Sorry I'm not saying anything about this whole deal..

Good Luck fishing if you get out hopefully you stop in the shop and check things out..