PDA

View Full Version : Air Show September 9

Jerry Tipping
08-17-2011, 11:46 AM
If you have ever been out on "The Rock" or "Pete" and watched the A-10s from many years back, or the F-16s that we now see, you may be interested in the Air Show that is going to take place at the Hardwoods Bombing Range on September 9th.
I contacted the USAF to get some information and the following is the reply, and web site address I received from CMSgt. Gregory Cullen:

www.Volkfield.ang.af.mil

This is our public web site. I can tell you though, that as of right now F-16s and A-10s are scheduled between 0900-1130 and 1300-1500 that day.
Hopefully, a B-1 will do some work in the area around noon. And helicopters should be scattered in to fill up the agenda. There will be a local Lion's club selling food. No rain date so hopefully the weather will cooperate.
I plan to attend this event, so I will not schedule any trips for that day.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Jerry Tipping
09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
The air show was awesome. If you want to see our military fire-power in action don’t miss the next one at the Hardwood Range in 2013. The destructive force that these aircraft can inflict is beyond description. What you see on TV is nothing compared to being there when you can actually feel the force of the blasts, hear the roar of the jets, (and the fly-bys were really close and LOUD) and see the explosions right in front of you. We were offered ear plugs, but most people opted not to wear them so you could fully enjoy the experience. The next show will be at Volk Field in 2012, but this is an air show only, no weapons.
I will post when I get information as to dates and times. I fully expect to go as often as I can.
Please support our troops. Freedom has a price, and they deliver it!

Jerry