PDA

View Full Version : Into Mid-August

Captain Rick Bentley
08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Been really busy everybody but here's a quick update with some recent photos.

The heat has broke for now and several of the last mornings have been chilly and have actually taken on a quite fall-like feeling. We continue to arrive back to port with diverse catches consisting of Coho Salmon, Steelhead, and King Salmon. Some days we haul in more of one or another and just recently we have been tangling with more and more big Kings. This is big King time of year and in recent days have boarded one that weighed in at 19lbs and another at 17lbs. We have been catching many Kings in the 13-16lb range as well. Most of the Steelhead have been brutes in the 10-14lb range too.

We are entering late summer now and we should expect to see waves of big King Salmon moving into our waters. Often, the non-spawn Chinook (2 and 3-year olds) are not far away.

Bookings have been solid with most weekend slots reserved. Some weekdays are available so give me a call or email me with your dates in mind. Fishing has been better for our AM runs but some of the afternoons have been decent too. In that regard, I will steer you towards a morning booking to give us the best chance at the most and biggest fish possible.

Thanks for reading,
Capt Rick