PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, July 31

brian1785
07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Arrived Wednesday afternoon and unloaded everything into the cabin and was able to fish the afternoon and evening bites. Good fishing that day. Dad got a 24 inch walleye on a jig.
Thursday our biggest fish was only 21 inches but we got lots of walleye and lots of them in the 17-19 inch range. Still no "biggie piggy" like we are looking for, but lots of fun.
Friday a little tougher bite. Not the numbers we had the past two days but enough to keep us interested as we hit a lot of our "milk run" spots and also found a few new spots that produced. Weather was sunny and warm but had a nice breeze to keep us from getting too hot.
Saturday lots of WIND out of the South (15 - 20 mph) to compete with. Fishing was good but boat control was a major headache. If you worked at the latter you could catch fish.
Today, winds subsided and were 6-10 mph out of the W/SW and much more pleasurable. By far the best fishing day thus far. Biggest fish was a 25 incher for Dad. He also caught a 23 incher. Lots of 18-21 inchers as well as huge numbers. If it was my time to go and meet my maker, I wouldn't mind if it were today! :)
2 more days of fishing then back to reality.

brian1785
08-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Just returned home from another great week at Witch Bay. Dad and I had fantastic fishing for walleye with the help of the staff there at Witch Bay. The accomodations were, as always, fantastic and the staff make everyone feel so welcome. Dad has some trouble with his legs (he's 74) so Gail hooked him up with a golf cart to make it easier for him to get back and forth from the dock to the cabin. Thanks Gail! The people at WB do everything in their effort to make your stay wonderful. Already counting the days until next year's stay. Thanks Gail, Steve, Dick, Russ and everyone at WB!
Brian