PDA

View Full Version : Water level

hock
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
What is the water level like ? God Bless, Hock

MarkA
06-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I just completed a week of fishing at W.B. Our last day was 6-24. Water level was just about normal. Water temps were as low as 55 degrees some mornings and weed growth was way behind. Average water temps during the day was in the low 60's. Sun finally came out the last 2 days and the water temps were climbing rapidly. We struggled to find decent bass but they were improving as the sun came out. Not sure the weather and temps since we left. Musky were really going. My buddy got a 44 1/2 and missed a giant by the boat. I caught a 42, 40 1/2, 38 and 35. We saw many others and missed some others as well. Not many lookers, but eaters which was great. Hayfields were still good as the weeds were not too high yet. Walleye were being caught on points and humps but not in the weeds as they were so low in many places. Pike were on wind blown rocks and points. we caught a 36, 35, 34 and 33's. Used lures the size of Mepps Musky killer for most of the fish. Had surface musky action in the hayfields where the water temps were 4 to 5 degrees warmer. Great week even though the conditions were tough at times.

hock
06-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Were most of your musky in the hayfield if you don't mind me asking ? Where did you start to get the smallies ? God Bless and Thanks alot !!

MarkA
06-28-2011, 08:35 AM
We caught a lot of our muskys in Pipestone and a few behind Clam Island complex. We raised and had strikes from some good muskys in the Hayfield but never caught them. Smallies came from a variety of shores like in Rich's bay and other areas where the wind was blowing in too.