PDA

View Full Version : fishing report June 8

Dick Wilkening
06-08-2011, 09:26 AM
The fishing remains good even with the poor weather conditions.
I have been fishing in the andrews area for the last few days because of the cooler rainy weather. I have been catching walleyes on the points and humps in 20 to 30 ft of water. I have been using both jigs tipped with minnow and bottom bounces, with a 1 oz weight and floaters also tipped with minnows the presentation needs to be fairly slow. Sat. and Sun. we had some warmer weather and the bass and northerns came up into the shallow water chasing minnow and crawfish, we were able to catch good numbers of them with spinner baits, rogues, and jigs and plastics. I was seeing water temps as high as 62 in the main lake.
With the cold front the last 2 days the water temp has fallen to 56 or 57 and the fish have pull back out of the shallow waters.
I have been seeing a slow start to the weed growth this year. The water clarity seems to be darker this year, and this may be affecting the sun light on the weeds. The weeds in the hayfield are about half way to the surface and there are some people still able to troll jerk baits above the weeds. The weather is supposed to improve after today and every on is looking forward to some warmer weather.
Dick Wilkening
Pro Staff Witch Bay

basscat
06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Dick,

Thanks for the report, hope you are feeling better. We all made it back to Missouri and we found the warm weather. I'm still trying to adjust to working in the 90 degree heat and humidity all day. Thanks again for another great week of fishing at Witch Bay.

Matt