PDA

View Full Version : Report 6/6

brian1785
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Weather...BAD! Rainy and cold today...55 degrees with North/NE winds at 15 mph. If you could find a place to stay dry/warm, then you could muster up some fish. We (my dad and me/my buddy Steve and his dad) were able to find walleyes on some tapering points in Andrew Bay (jigged them) and along some rocky shorelines in 20 -26 ft of water (bottom bounced them). We also found some shallow smallies in the some boulder fields in Andrew (threw jigs w/kalin grubs). The water we fished started at 62 degrees but ended at 57 by the end of the day. Had to come off the water at about 1pm due to lightning. Used the time to tie some spinner rigs, then went back out for more rain/wind. Suppose to be even worse tomorrow, so we got that going for us...which is nice.

Yesterday, sunny with calm, flat conditions, no wind....we got sun-burned. Started the day at Phil's point. Caught some nice fish there. Did some runnin' and gunnin' south. Saw a momma bear and two cubs up a tree on Whiteout island, that was cool. Did some bottom bouncing on some humps out by Whiteout and did ok just before dinner. The lack of wind made for tougher jigging conditions. Water temp yesterday were low 60's. Mother nature can't make up her mind. Somebody must have made her angry...

basscat
06-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the reports, sounds like the weather didn't change much from our week in camp.
Matt