PDA

View Full Version : 5/20/11 Fishing Report

John Carlson
05-20-2011, 06:55 AM
The Crappie action is getting hot as the spawn is getting closer, The Crappie are shallow and hitting well on all area lakes. Cubby jigs are a favorite of fishermen but I like using small tube bodies in white on a 1/32 pink jig head. In my opinion they catch just as many fish and you can get 10 bodies and 3 jigs for the same price as 2 cubby's. The bluegill action is picking up too. You can see the Gill's beds being made in the shallow area of the lake right now. Waxies or Red Worms work great for gills. The evening bite for walleye has been ok with the last 30 mins of the day being the peak bite.

Don't over look shore fishing. I took my son to an area shoreline last evening and we caught 15 walleye, 3 Crappie, and a half dozen Pike right from the bank. We were using a simple clip on bobber (with a glow stick so we could see it later in the evening) with a #2 octo hook and a split shot. We were using Tuffys (on oversized xl fathead) for bait. Attached is the picture of the fish we kept. Walleyes 14 - 16.5 and the Crappie was 12.5.