PDA

View Full Version : Boreal Bay - Fishing Report - 5/15

Kevin Nelson
05-15-2011, 10:52 PM
The last several days have either been east winds or cold & rain. Kakagi (Crow) Lake is in the mid forties and Lake of the Woods lower fifties for water temps. Expecting they will be warming more in the week ahead.

Lake Trout fishing has not been easy for those trolling as it seems most of the fish are sitting pretty deep yet. Jigging for the Lake Trout seems to be working just fine, but I think I'm the only person in camp jigging for them. All the Lake Trout were between 3 and 8 pounds last week. I did have the chance to take a guest out for almost 2 hours, to show him how to use the depth finder to jig for the Lake Trout -- we caught 3.

One boat fished Stevens Bay for Northerns for a couple hours... just a few smaller fish so far.

Rumor has it that the Crappie are almost ready to come in to Steven Bay, feeding at surface bugs outside the bay.

Also rumored the Walleye were spawning about a week ago.

Jean and the girls were up for a short weekend.. expecting they will be posting some newer Lodge project pictures. Expecting guests will send in or post a few pictures in the coming days.

Walleye opener this coming weekend!

Regards,