PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Boats

muskiemaniac
05-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I am starting to research a new boat for next year, and I am really liking the Nitro Z7. I was just wondering if anyone has owned or knows anyone that owns a Nitro. If so, I would love to hear any input you have.

Paul Schlagel
06-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I didn't want to jump in on this one right away because I don't have any personal experience with Nitro boats, and it doesn't look like any readers of this message board do either. I can, however, share a couple general thoughts about bass boats for musky fishing. Bass boats are very easy to control with the electric motor, so boat control while casting is more effective. This is a very important and often-overlooked benefit of a bass boat - boat control is arguably the most important of all fishing skills. Bass boats have a huge amount of deck space and plenty of storage. The bass-style boat is a great choice if you're fishing mostly smaller lakes or even larger lakes without a lot of big open water ( like Mille Lacs). Bass boats can certainly be fished in big waves, but you'll probably be better off with a deep-V if your home water is big.