PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5-2-11

Justin Mullins
05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
The rain is never ending for us here at Cave Run! Everyday almost it rains we will probably have a drought this summer! The lake hit a new record this year on the highest the water level ever at 28 feet above summer pool. With the high water it has made fishing up and down with all the new areas to fish it has given the fish new places to hide out. For the most part now the water clarity is fishable on both ends. The water temps are 58-61 depending on where you are. The best lure choices have been 1oz spinnerbaits, Squirtkos, Big Game Twitchers, Little Medussa all have produced in the last few days. Remember the key is to find shallow water you don't want to fish spots that have a lot of water in behind the trees where you can't shallow. Another thing I think these fish for most part are in post spawn transition which a lot of times makes them crazy for a day or two but things will get better and better everyday they are able to start pulling water now. I really look for a awesome May and June with the water coming down it will take a while! We have some GREAT COMBO deals in the shop right now. Make sure you stop and check them out! Good Luck and I will see you on the pond!