PDA

View Full Version : Boreal Bay - Ice Report - 5/1

Kevin Nelson
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Ice on Kakagi (Crow) Lake is no longer within site of the lodge, suspect it will be completely gone within a few days.

Today was cold and snowy, so maybe tomorrow night I can have my Lake Trout of the season!

Expecting to have 4-5 cabins ready to go for this coming weekend.

Jean has been posting pictures of the ice progress daily on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boreal-Bay-Lodge/222195834885?ref=ts

On a different topic... Today was our 4 year anniversary of owning the Lodge and we are entering the 5th season with the most reservations ever! (at this point of the season). Thank-you. It has been amazing to learn so much and make so many great friends in such a short time.

See you soon!

kesslrs
05-03-2011, 04:47 PM
You can sure tell everyone is getting excited about fishing this year by the number of views to this post. Did you catch that Trout for dinner yet?
See you on the 13th of May.........
Randy

Kevin Nelson
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I should have had that Lake Trout dinner... someone gave me the idea of taking a picture of it, while I was fiddling around with the camera the lake trout shook the hook. Think that might be the last time, I fish with the camera for awhile :)

Lake temps are a refreshing 38-40 degree water.

All the fish seem to be hanging very tight to structure, not seeing much on the graph until you jig over the top of them for a bit. A few warm days and that will change.

Chris should have my boat ready soon, I've been a little distracted so a bunch of people got in line ahead of me.

kesslrs
05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Over 100 looks at the post the past few days keep more pictures of the lake and the lodge progress coming our way>>>> Like them......