PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 4-17-11

Justin Mullins
04-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Here I go again starting with weather but I can't help it.. Rain go away go away!

I want to start by thanking the Morehead Tourism Commission and the PMTT for being here at Cave Run Lake. This is a great tournament and great bunch of guys who can fish too! On behalf of Crash's Landing thank you both for all you do for our area! Now on to fishing..

The lake is up about 18 feet but it hasn't killed the fishing at all. Over the weekend the PMTT had a total of 21 fish up to 49" which was great with all the water. Flats down toward the dam is clear from the flats to beaver it's darker. For the most part all the floating stuff is gone with the wind we have had the last couple days. Water temps are ranging from 52-55 depending on where you are. The fish seem to be as shallow as you can get in the brush. It's tough to get in there but you have to if your going to catch. Over 3/4 of the fish in PMTT was caught in 3 feet of water or less. If you find shallow water you have found fish. Baits haven't changed much Rattle Baits, Big Game Twithch Baits, Fat Belly Rattler, Squirtkos, Red October Tubes all are the best tickets right now. Good luck this week get shallow and catch a monster! See you on the pond!

Congrats to Steve Genson of Keys Outdoors TV Show for his win this weekend with a triple! Great Job

Congrats to our Guide Bill Burns and our store worker Scooter on their 10th place finish! Great Job

Crash and I ended up 7th missed another fish to be in top 5! :-(