PDA

View Full Version : Ice Out?

Tom Borecki
04-16-2011, 09:30 AM
The Stanley Cup Playoffs have started and that prompts the question of what are the ice conditions on Eagle Lake?

The grass is greening up and bulbs are flowering here in northern IL. I've been fly fishing in Tennessee already this year, but it just cannot compare to fishing Eagle.

I noticed that we have only six more Saturdays until we show up at AML for some early season eyes, smallies, pike, and lake trout. Looks like Dryden is reporting some days about freezing temperatures.

Looking forward to being some of your first guests in 2011.

Go Les Habitants!

Steve Herbeck
04-16-2011, 01:16 PM
snow is pretty much all gone now except for a april snow shower last nite/today.
ice is slowly but surely going to go. been warmer with some rains past couple weeks but still getting cold at nite for the most part so it's taking it's sweet time.
i predict ice out to be around normal which is 1st-2nd week of may somewhere between the 5th-12th. water levels should be good this spring and i feel normal ice outs are better all around for consistant and successful spawning,more predictable fish movements and patterns,and sets the tone for good fishing and this combined with the way the fishing has over all steadily improved every year over the past 3-5 years we are looking forward to an excellent season coming up.
we got the new dockside marina facility pretty much done and built now but are anxiously waiting for the melt so the water system can be moved into it and get hooked up,landscaping done,etc before guests arrive on the 21st! !!
we'll be busy!! as always we can't wait to see you for your first trip of the 2011 season.
steve and the gang