PDA

View Full Version : Some ramps closed

Jerry Tipping
04-11-2011, 06:25 PM
The Nekoosa launch is closed due to high water, and you will need hip-boots to get to the docks below "Pete" and Castle Rock Dams.
A lot of tornado damage in the area as well. Petenwell County Park lost some campers and others have a lot of damage. Power is still out in some areas and roads are closed due to debris.

Jerry

Luke McGarry
04-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi, Jerry,
I didn't hear anything down here about tornado damage up there in WI. When and where did it happen?
Was it all contained around Pete?

Luke

Mark Benson
04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/grb/?n=110410_tornadoes

I haven't taken the time to read this as of yet, but knew it would be there. There were bad storms from that area to the east as far as GB and two more that occurred further north in the Merrill area. Use this link and as more info becomes available NWS will make additions.

Mark

Jerry Tipping
04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
The tornados were Sunday night. They touched down by highway G on Juneau County side then contiued on to Arkdale then Cottonwood on Highway 13. Last I heard about 40 homes damaged or destroyed. The Petenwell County Park was hit hard as well. One of my friends was there when it hit. He said about fifty campers sustained some damage with 8 totally destroyed. Lot of tree damage. It is a real mess around here.