PDA

View Full Version : Getting the itch

walleyegirl
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I am so ready for a trip north. I can't wait to catch some big walleye and northern.

I was wondering how the winter has been by Eagle Lake. Has there been a lot of snow? Curious if the lakes will be low or high this spring.

Thanks for any info!

Steve Herbeck
03-30-2011, 03:14 PM
you and it seems everyone else too. it has been a long winter for most,now that it is showing some signs of breaking people are getting the nitch like you and thew phone has been ringing.
water levels were good last fall going into the winter and there has been alot of snow so unless it is a lake that has been artificially drawn down over the late fall/winter water levels should be good on most lakes.

The Outlaw TJ
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
I know you aren't a prognosticator and we could get a heat wave, but is your feeling that you will have a normal ice-out this year? Early May? Just curious. Thanks.

Steve Herbeck
03-31-2011, 04:06 PM
ya from all indications,current weather ,forecasts,ice depth,etc it looks like it will be a more normal ice out than last season which was a full month or more early. most likely i would say it will go sometime between 1st week of may and may 12.