PDA

View Full Version : Lake Kinkaid 3-28-2011

Ben Modica
03-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Went down south with a couple friends.

It was a tuff bite down on kidkaid! We had taken cover at the Marina do to the lightning and thunder. We docked the boat and seen a few crappie's being caught at the docks, so my friends and I started casting around the docks. I had worked one particular dock off and on jigging some rattle baits and actually sitting there doing a figure with various lures on the docks with no success, I had gone to another dock and Paul had moved in on the same dock to show them a glider, I was next to him, as we were talking we both looked at his bait when out from the dock pulls out a huge musky and turned on his bait but never ate the lure, we were in awe. A small amount of time had passed and Paul had gotten a phone call and moved to the end of the docks to answer his call, so I decided to get my Glider called the Modivator in crappie color and decided to figure eight the bait, It wasn't long when the musky came out and bolted to the lure, she had come up to the tail and made contact with it, then she made a circle turn around the bait as I let the lure Glide on the 8 and fall, the Musky ate it, all Hell broke loose, I quickly told my friends I had caught the fish so they rushed to the tuffy and grabbed the net and tools, a quick fight and the fish was netted. The Musky measured 44 inches.
We fished the rest of the day and didn't see anything else. Sunday fished all day, a high pressure had moved in, we seen 3 fish at last light, a mid 40's on the same lure and the others were on phantoms. Monday we fished for 1/2 day and didn't see anything but had one hit on my glider, pretty slow after Saturday's low pressured passed.