PDA

View Full Version : Fish'n Update

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
03-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Anglers fishing below Bradley Dam are getting fish but most are Walleye's and a few Muskies not much for Perch yet. Remember Gamefish is closed below the Bradley Dam.
The Jersey Trestle anglers are getting some Walleye's and some Perch. A few keepers.
Below the Prides Dam we counted 5 boats, a few are catching Walleye's and some are up to 19 inches. Action is fair with lots of undersize Walleye. Some anglers are getting Perch along with the Walleye.
There are no landings open on Lake Mohawksin, the Lake and most of the river is still froze over.

Dave

03-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Wow, just took a ride down to Prides Dam, at least 15 maybe 18 boats fishing near the Dam. Seen a few undersize Walleye's caught and a few Pike. Some anglers fishing from shore. A beautiful day for fishing!

Dave

03-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Woke up to winter this morning, the ground is covered with white stuff again. And now we are getting a rain and snow mix with some wind. Not a nice day at all, spending the day in the shop stocking all the new fishing products.

Dave

Mark Benson
03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
and with the Winter Storm coming they are calling for 8-16" of new snow!!!

Mark

03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Yep lots snow Tues. night and all day Wed. The river channel is open all the way to the trestle now. The boat landing is still froze shut plus there is all kinds of equipment in the way. Don't know if they will open it up or keep it closed?
Dave

03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Just talked to a couple of guys that were below Prides today and did very well using Gulp Minnows. Action was fast!
Dave

Devanng
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
im guessing its not safe to drive vehicles on the ice anymore... is anyone driving out still?

03-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I would go by atv? I was on Mohawksin last night back in the bays and the first 6 inches was really soft. The ice on the north shoreline was getting bad.

Dave

Fin Bender
03-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow, just took a ride down to Prides Dam, at least 15 maybe 18 boats fishing near the Dam. Seen a few undersize Walleye's caught and a few Pike. Some anglers fishing from shore. A beautiful day for fishing!

Dave

By "ride" do you mean "drive by car"? I thought the road to the boat landing directly below the dam was closed untill the first saturday in May. How do you get there?

03-26-2011, 07:43 PM
County S (Bus. 51 S) to 107, 1/4 mile to Herb Mitchell rd on right to boat landing.

Dave

03-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Quiet weekend in the shop, not many anglers out. A few trying their luck at icefishing and few trying the dams from shore. Lots and lots of snow yet. We will see what this week brings.

Dave

03-28-2011, 08:08 AM
New record lows for last night -11 below in town -14 below outside of town.

Dave

ohmboy47
03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Dave......Which dam is Pride and which is Bradley? I am familiar with Kings and Jersey but, not the other two.

03-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Prides Dam is located below the paper mill and dams up Lake Mohawksin, Bradley Dam is North of Tomahawk. It dams up Lake Nokomis and runs into the Jersey Flowage. Prides is open for Walleye, Pike and Bradley is Panfish only.

Dave

Mark Benson
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Dave:

Another question from LL today and I couldn't answer it... If we put in at Sarah Park, can you get under the bridge up to the dam???

Also from my perspective there have been a few questions/comments regarding trolling. I know you can below Prides, I thought you couldn't on Mohawkskin, but someone said there are parts that you can... can you clear this up???

Thank you in advance!!!

Mark

03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
The river under the bridge will be open up untill they pour concrete for the road over the bridge (the deck). While they are pouring concrete boat traffic will be closed under the bridge. This is what we have been told.
Trolling is allowed from the bridge by the shop (4th st. bridge) up to Kings Dam. No trolling on Lake Mohawksin (legally).

Dave

Mark Benson
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks Dave!!!

Mark

03-31-2011, 09:05 AM
A few boats fishing below Prides Dam on Wed. lots of small Walleye's but some keepers were caught. Water temp is 35 degree's.
Not much to report from Bradley Dam yet some anglers are trying but have not heard much yet. Temps now going to hit the 40's so action could pick up over the weekend.

Dave

Fin Bender
04-01-2011, 08:26 AM
What's the report from King's Dam? Are the shore fishermen there, and how's the fishing been?

04-01-2011, 10:25 AM
A few guy's are fishing Kings Dam but not much action yet. I would fish Grandmothers Dam at this time of the year. Water temps warm up faster here then the rest.

Dave

Fin Bender
04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Isn't Grandma's hard to fish from shore? I remember that on the west shore near the dam the water really rips through there, seems like it was kind of shallow too. What techniques are reccommend there?

I did catch a bullhead in that fast water one time!!

04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Use a plain hook and split shot, just enough weight so it just touches the top of the rocks, thats the key to Walleye's here. We also use leadhead jigs, weight depends on the current but you want to fish the same way. Hold the rod tip up alittle and just feel the jig tip the rocks.
Last year we caught our limit of Walleye's several times fishing this way!

Good Luck
Dave

04-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Slow weekend of fishing, not much to report. Heavy snow this morning another 2 or so inches. This coming week looks to be better and warmer. Could be a good weekend of fishing coming up.

Dave

04-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Most of the river channel is open on Wis River/Lake Mohawksin but none of the boat landings yet.

Dave

04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
The boat landing across from the shop is still closed we heard they might open it for people to launch their boats? The bridge crew will be back to work next week getting ready to pour the concrete for the road.

A couple of guys pushed their boats in up by Kings Dam. Have not heard of much happening yet below Kings. Still some shore ice.

Dave

04-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Just got a report from Kings Dam, the s shoreline is starting to line up with anglers. Catching small undersize Walleyes along with a few Perch.

Dave

04-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Prides Dam action picked up on Friday, anglers started to catch legal size walleye but still lots of small males. Perch have moved into the calm water near the boat landing by the dam. Some nice catches.
Kings Dam, very few keepers, lots of undersize fish. Anglers in boats are getting Perch.
Bradley Dam is off and on, hit it right and you can get some nice fish. Morning hours are best right now but they do move in and out all day long. Expect big crowds of anglers.
Jersey trestle, nice fish on Friday, both Perch and Walleye.
Its all starting, heavy rain on Sunday with temps in the 70's will warm up the water temps.
Dave
Tomahawk

04-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Lots of action below Kings Dam, most are small males. Some anglers are getting bigger fish. Water temp is 38 degree's. Current is strong. Fatheads are the best bait.

Perch at Bradley are fair but changes daily. Size is decent.

Prides Dam gave up some nice fish today, anglers put in alot of hours. Some decent Perch and some small Pike.

The river channel is free of ice, the bays still have ice in them.

Snow and rain Friday into Sat.

Dave

Mark Benson
04-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Dave:

Do you suppose the landing south of Tannery Road is open??? Good luck with your upcoming tourney!!!

Mark

04-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Yes the Bay Mill landing is open.

Dave

04-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Good reports from Bradley Dam this morning, Anglers are getting some Big Perch. Nice to see some anglers releasing the big females!!!

Dave

supra8795
04-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Is Lake Alice still iced over?