PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 2-27-2011

walleyemaxx
02-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Fished a bigger and deeper lake today. Results were better. the perch were hitting for most of the day. See them on the vex and tease them and bango, they would actually hit, caught several, but they were mostly small. Caught two Walleyes today and both were on tip ups. Only one was legal at 16 1/2". The other was 14 7/8". The picture of it is with a 15" ruler. Had fathead minnows on tip ups today and that seemed to make a difference.

This time of year it can pay to fish deeper. All the fish I caught today were in the deep sand grass in about 24 feet. I jigged with a verticle jig and jigging rap, both tipped with waxworms for all the Perch. Weather was sunny most of the day with a very strong southwest wind.

Last week for the game fish season, So find time to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Ice fishing is an excellent way to do so. Travel conditions are excellent for ATVs and snowmobiles. Be safe.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
02-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I stated that all fishing ended after the first weekend of March on the Chippewa Flowage. I stand corrected. I finally got a hold of someone at the DNR who sent me the new rules. All game fish seasons ends after March 7, but the panfish, including Crappies remains open ALL- YEAR with a bag of 25. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Walleyemaxx