PDA

View Full Version : Need Minnesota trip advice

huntdux
02-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry if this posts twice...

I'm new to the forum and would like some advice on a trip this summer. We usually go to Canada every year for a week but we have to cut the trip in half this year. We were thinking Minnesota for 4 days. We love musky, smallies, large mouth and the occasional eye. I don't want to drive too far since we live in St. Louis and only have a few days. Elk lake sounds nice but it sounds like the pressure is kinda high and the drive would be long. Any thoughts?? Maybe southern Minnesota or Wisconsin? Thank's in advance!

ILBOB
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
You might want to post the same question on the MuskieFirst forum. You'll get plenty of advice there.

Chad Cain
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Yes, you would probably get a lot more replies off of the bigger message boards. Personally, I guide the Leech Lake area and am not very familiar with any of the southern MN waters.

Good luck!

Ryan M
03-01-2011, 09:19 PM
huntdux, if you are still deciding where to fish and would like some help, drop me an email. rmac82@hotmail.com I might be able to help.

STLjeff
03-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Im also from just south of STL.... I go to Minocqua Wisconsin.... lots of lakes .... many places to stay!!!! http://www.fishingminocqua.com/fishing.htm