PDA

View Full Version : Warm Temps!

sfreeman
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Have the warm temps this week "waken up" the fish? I'm heading to the area this coming weekend and hoping for some decent activity

John Carlson
02-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm not really sure if it woke the fish up but it sure got the fishermen out on the ice. There is a lot of water on the ice so plan on getting wet. I took my Son (3.5 years old) out Wed afternoon on Butternut and caught some ok sized perch. He kept 15 that were running 8" to 9.5" and missed a ton of other fish. I caught a few myself but spent most of my afternoon unhooking fish and rebaiting his hook. Fish Fry tonight. LOL

sfreeman
02-17-2011, 10:37 AM
unhooking for the little fella was probably just as much fun as bringing them in yourself! I'm hoping for a fish fry Sat. night. I'm going to grab some walleye from the freezer just in case.

teenfisher
02-17-2011, 06:15 PM
hey john i saw you caught some perch on butternut. if i come up i probably will fish on that lake like i always do. i hear people always say they catch perch late in the year on the deep mudflats, is this the case on butternut? thanks

John Carlson
02-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Usually that is the case but we caught our fish close to shore between 8 and 12 fow.